With the beginning of the NBA season also begins the debate of (again) who's better...Kobe or Labron. For purposes of the discussion, I am not including any other players, who include the pre-season MVP Kevin Durant. These two guys are at the top of the conversational food chain.
First the new jack. Bron-Bron opened his season with a 31 point performance against one of the tougher defensive teams in the Boston Celtics. Personally, I saw shades of a Magic Johnson with James bringing the ball up and facilitating. The difference was that James was going to the hoop. He is no longer a man child. This is his eight season in the league and it may be his time. This was around the time that one Michael Jordan started collecting his championship rings. With all the talk about D Wade (my guy) and Chris "Cross" Bosh, I do feel the championship will have to run through him for the Heat to get it. For all around stuff (rebounding, passing and scoring), it's hard to go against James.
What can you say about Kobe Bryant that hasn't been already been said? Five championships, including two MVP finals awards. Twelve time all-star, including three all-star game MVP awards. Two international gold medals. Even eight first team all-defensive awards. Last year, he made six last second game winning shots. Talk about being like Mike. I personally feel that no other player in the game has more of the killer instinct then Bryant. I always have to preface this by saying that I am not a Lakers fan.
In comparing the two, in some ways they are alike and in other ways, they are like night and day. Both are great individual players who want to win championships. Coming from someone who has tasted his own kool-aid of personal championships (for those who know, The Group and Urban City Marauders for example), you never get tired of winning championships. Would you? While Labron has not got to that level yet, I do feel his time is coming. But, for me, and you all have heard this from me before, two things: 1 - In my dream pickup game of active players, if I got the first pick, I'm picking Kobe in part because he's got the winning thing down and 2 - If I'm down one with ten seconds to go, he gets the ball.
Who do you like ?
For the Friday Freeze Jukebox - who else? Whodini
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtoWsqgP_vQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Narq3fqINiw
Have a great weekend!!!
Kobe, all day!
ReplyDeleteI "third" that...ALL DAY long!
ReplyDeleteKobe Bean Bryant all day everyday! LeBron has some catching up to do but he's young and has alot of basketball ahead of him. Maybe one of these days.........
ReplyDeleteI personally want to see Craig's answer...lol...I am a laker man and I choose Kolbe for all the reasons you said. I don't even see this as a debate!!! Cut in dry. Also, I would rather have D.Wade...(I said it).. by the end of the season...when the game is on the line...Lebron will give the ball up to Wade for the last shot...Killer instinct is the key !!!!!
ReplyDelete