Friday, December 23, 2011

Season Greetings

I promise...this is not about Tim Tebow.

I got a lemon cream pie-in-the-face dose of reality this past year. You just never know when life serves you a dose of change. The question becomes, "What do you do about it?".

For me, I enjoy lemonade. While I am so tempted to get down on myself and my uncertain future, I simply refuse. While I still have a way to go, I have already come a long way. I don't want to dwell on this because this message is about positivity.

The support that I have gotten from my co-workers, friends and family has been incredible. This includes friends that I have not seen in years. I have also created new friendships with people that have shared my recent journey. Interactions like this have helped me to keep my glass of lemonade full.

But enough about me - this is more about you. The energy that I have gotten from you has helped me on my journey back to normalcy. I just want to take the time to thank you for your support and wish you and yours a happy and safe holiday season. And take it from someone who appreciates human interaction: Take time to stop and smell the roses.

4 comments:

  1. My man.. I am glad to offer whatever support and encouragement I could in the name of friendship.. Like I always tell you bro, it’s part of the job description.. When I signed up to be your friend, that meant I am there in your corner no matter what, and not only when you are up, in good health and able to get around and come to my house..

    That being said, I echo your sentiment of wishing everyone a safe and Happy Holiday season..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Craig! I am more than happy to be there for a brother. It's part of being a friend. You' re a great friend of mine for over 32 years so you know what they say "through thick and thin". So you know I wouldn't bail on you during the "thin". Greg I have seen how far you've come the initial injury to now and you have inspired me with your persistence to get better. Keep on pushing man you are almost there. Happy Holidays to all listed on this email address list. Greg, I will holla at you
    later today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and yours Greg. Enjoyed the past year anticipating your blog as well as reading them. From my family to yours we wish the very best in the New Year and continue success with your rehab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAJ,

    Well as usual I am little late on the response, but.....seasons greetings!

    No offense to my sisters who have followed the the blog this past year but 2012 is the year of the brothers. (I'm calling it now)

    Thanks to Breezy for giving the brothers a forum and a tool to keep us engaged. Without even realizing it (or maybe fully aware) Breezy has put together a bond, we have discussed, disected, dispeled and diminished all without and without disrespecting. We have called out each other, call on each other and shown up when the call was made.

    We are all a bunch of old heads.....If you still say- cool, yeah man for everything and everybody, solid, I can dig it and give dap then you're in the club. So as you go into the new year ...Brothers are making a move......(beside every good man.....)

    Keep up the good work!

    .....with a K

    Ps - Mr. Wiggles, I'm gearing up for Charlotte....

    ReplyDelete