Ever since my high school days, hockey has always had a special place in my sports heart. We were playing floor hockey during P.E. class and, from what I learned from watching on TV, hip-checked a opponent into the bleachers. Waiting for the whistle, there was none. It was legal. I've been in love ever since. If football and basketball are my main squeezes, than hockey is defiantly my side piece.
So I am awaiting with baited breath for tomorrow's game 7 matchup between the #1 seeded New York Rangers and my Washington Capitals with the winner advancing to the conference finals. The Caps, who have already exceeded expectations this year, defeated the defending Stanley Cup champions Boston Bruins in an earlier seven game rumble. This current series has been just as intense. To be honest, football players don't have anything on hockey players physically. You think it's hard to getting hit on the football field, think about getting hit by a guy who was skating at almost 100 miles an hour. Like the emperor from the movie Gladiator said, "Again...and again...and again." With less equipment.
Now, you won't get any extensive pre-game analysis from me, how it's all about line matchups and taking advantage of the power play opportunities. For me, just score more goals than the other team.
So I dare you to watch just a couple of minutes of tomorrow's game. I double dare you.
No comments:
Post a Comment