Friday, June 15, 2012

Betrayal

There I was...watchin a great NBA finals game two matchup that was coming down to the wire. Then the incredible happened. Now I've heard the stories of sports fans watching a sporting event when, click, out...nothing darkness. It finally happened to me.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!???

I've been in a relationship with Direct TV (if you're a sports fan, yes, it's a relationship) ever since 2006 when I was seduced with a free season of the NFL Ticket to join. As I said in my blog, I've been in love ever since. For me, it even worked through horrific thunder and wind storms with no problem. In six years (honestly) I have had three blackouts with the longest being 10-15 minutes.

Now I know the pain of others who have experienced this. And it doesn't even have to be sports related. From soaps to Law & Order episodes (even though I have seen them all--really I have) to heck, the last ingredient in your dream meal on your favorite cooking show, I have now felt how deep that cut can be. While I got filled in thanks to You Tube, it's really not the same.

I have already sent e-mails to the Direct TV corporate board as well as local management. I am tempted to ask Congress to hold hearings.

You think I can get a $5 credit out the deal?

2 comments:

  1. Dog I know the feeling , my disc has been on my roof for 6 years . I couldn’t take it after about 6 months. I miss quite a few games and shows in my day. So will you stay or will you go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks Breezy!!! The question is, will you remain a dish head????

    ReplyDelete