Early in my blog career, I blogged about how much I was hurtin because there was no significant sports events on TV. Three years later, I seemed to have come down (a bit) from my "addiction".
Back then, I was talkin about how I was really "jonesin" for some sports but there was none of any significance to be found. After the Heat winning the NBA title this year, the landscape been kinda of dry. Three years ago, I was climbing the walls.
But not now.
Today, I look at this break as an opportunity to recharge my batteries. After all, I'm going to have a lot to blog about the rest of this year.
For example, my Nats go into the All-Star break around the .500 mark. For a lot of people, this is very disappointing for a team that started out the season as World Series favorites. For me, I'm hoping that they are just working out the kinks. While some think Steven Strasburg is our best pitcher, my money is on Jordon Zimmerman, who should start this year's All-Star Game with a solid 12-3 record. Bryce Harper is our other All-Star this year who I hope keeps it going after first half injury issues. My prediction is for them to reach the NLCS this year.
I then think even more optimistically about my Wizards. We're solid at the guards with Wall and Beal and Nene' will do in the post. I'm really excited about our draft picks. I'm glad that Ernie didn't try to get fancy with the #3 pick and took Hoya Otto Porter. I like him because he is a blue collar guy who can get his own shot. He won't wow you with a lot of TV moves, but just check out his stats as he gets more and more playing time. As much as I love the Porter pick, I'm really hoping that our other pick, Glen Rice Jr. works out. Yes, he's the son of that Glen Rice, the former Wolverine sharpshooter and 15 year NBA pro who has a career 18+ppg. average for his career. While he was kicked off the team at Georgia Tech for having guns (and drinking) while in his car, Jr. has seemed to have cleaned up his act, capping a solid year in the D-League making 2nd team All-Rookie and earning finals MVP honors with a solid 25ppg and 9.5 rebound average. Looking for a #7 playoff seed from them next season.
And don't even get me started about my Skins defending our NFC East crown this upcoming year.
So this year, this time "off' is a welcome respite while I take time to stop and smell the roses. Besides, NBA Summer League Basketball is on the NBA channel.
Hey, let's not get carried away.
No comments:
Post a Comment