I have had conversations with my boyz about how this generation wants to be, to put it lightly, noticed. A friend of mine has coined the phrase "The Age of Attention." Well, it looks like I have joined the ranks.
I recently opened up....a....Twitter account. My handle (I think that's how you say it.) is @breezysportpage.
Why did I do this? It's like a lot a lot of my relationships; it's complicated. While I did not open this account for personal attention, one of the reasons I did open it was for my blog page. The thing is, I consider my blog page personal. But I do want to share it with others. See what I mean?
I think another reason I opened my account is to feed my addiction for sports. While I have already have admitted my addiction in the past, I think this will take it to another level. I fear that I will be one of those guys who is ALWAYS looking at his phone. Let my boyz tell it, I'm already that guy.
If it seems like I have trepidation about this, I do. While I don't "tweet" in general, I just don't want get caught up in a love affair like the song by Inner Life. While I don't like the term "followers", if you're interested, I thank you for your interest.
I just don't want to be found in my recliner with my phone in my hand staring blankly at the screen.
I am going to totally blow your cover and send your whole list the long e-mails and texts I sent you urging you to do this, the reasons why and the benefits. Of course that had nothing to do with it.
ReplyDelete