Friday, March 20, 2015

My Final 4...2015

Here are my final four picks for this year's tournament:


South: Getting the junk out of the way. I could have fronted and picked a team different from my original team. But where's the integrity in that? I had Iowa St. defeating Duke in the Regionals. Going against my urban sentiment with Georgetown losing to the Dukies.


East: Now it gets a little funky. My pick here is Michigan State. I know what you're thinking (what? Are you kidding?) The fact is that I have a soft spot for Tom Izzo tournament teams. Regardless of how they play during the season, they always show up around this time. If you think that crazy, guess who I got them defeating in the Regionals? N.C. State. Other than the Regional, the game of this bracket will be State vs. Louisville. It took a lot for me not to pick the Cardinals.


West: On the other side of the country, I'm a little less volatile. Picking the college cheesehead badgers of Wisconsin. They have had a solid team all year, winning both their conference regular season and tournament. They will beat a long, lanky Arizona team in the Regionals. Actually a ho hum bracket. Curious to see what the Tar Heels will do.


Midwest: I'll make it very plain here: My pick for both this bracket and the tournament is the Kentucky Wildcats. They will be the first team since the '78 Indiana Hoosiers to have an undefeated championship season. I really would like the Terps to make some noise this playoff, but this is already a great year for them given their recent struggles. At least they will lose to the eventual champions. I know I'm not taking a great leap of faith here, but it is what it is.


As always, like David Letterman says, "This is an exhibition, not a competition so please, no wagering. Might be a little late for that.

3 comments:

  1. Once again nice commentary. 1 small nugget, if u brothas haven't had the luxury of seeing Georgia St. Da hc's assistant coach ,just lovely! So if u missed it yesterday Saturday maybe ur last opportunity, just sayin. To sistas on here, my apologies. It was great representation. No disrespect m Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it wasn't just me! I saw her too! Real nice Moe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kentucky Villanova Duke Arizona....Kentucky over Villanova 77 -74

    My West is screwed for 1 more round thanks to Ga. St. and Ohio St.

    My South is busted for 1 more round thanks to UAB and UCLA

    Which brings up the the point, shouldn't these Pools be round by round, who will ever get a perfect entire Pool...

    ...with a K


    ReplyDelete