As the Christmas song goes, it's the most wonderful time of the year. It's one of those sweet spots of the sports year that for me, as a sports junkie, lives for.
First, you got the baseball season staring in full swing. My Nationals, while off to a slow start, found a groove this past weekend with a sweep of the Phillies. As usual, my hopes are high as we have possibly the best starting rotation in the bigs, headed by the signing of former Detroit Tiger Max Scherzer. I personally can not overlook Jordan Zimmerman, who ended last year's season with a no hitter.
Next I'm enjoying the beginning of the National Hockey League playoffs. I always fantasized that I would have been an defenseman if I knew how to skate. I am still amazed that it is the one team sport that allows players to fight each another. What helps me to enjoy my smorgasbord is that my Washington Capitals are in the thick of it with a first round battle against the New York Islanders after missing the playoffs last year.
The main course is the NBA playoffs. As usual, the drama is everywhere. Will the Spurs repeat? Will Bron-Bron bring his championship tour home with another title? Can my Wiz go to the next level or just stay at the same level as last year? They got off to a good start this past weekend with head coach Randy Whittman's sixth road win in his first seven against the second seeded Toronto Raptors. He is the first NBA coach to achieve that feat.
There was even some championship boxing and pro soccer thrown in as well this weekend.
Bon appetit!!
.
Who's going to win the (arguably)biggest fight in boxing history? Most I talk with are going with Money Mayweather..but I'm going with Pacquiao!
ReplyDeleteDave J.
Even though this fight is 4-5 yrs. late., still going with Mayweather. Only way Pac Man has a chance is if becomes a slug fest. But Pretty Boy is too defensive to go for that.
ReplyDelete