For regular readers of my blog, you know I usually go into seclusion around this time to prepare for my upcoming fantasy football season. Using the top secret vernacular, I would tell you what I do to prepare, but then I would have to kill you. In other words, I'm serious. As serious as Tom Brady checking the footballs before a game.
Couldn't help the dig. It was the Ravens side of me.
Now this year, for some reason, it's a little different than usual. Even my boyz seem to notice a change in me. While I didn't think I could be more serious about it, one of my boyz said that I seemed to be really serious about it this year.
I thought about it and he had a point. I'm actually coming off one of my more successful seasons in my FF career. In the four leagues that I was in, I made the playoffs in three and won two championships, including the league that I started this whole fantasy thing in. While I enjoyed the four other titles that I won with my co-owner in this league, there's nothing like winning a title yourself.
As I found out last year.
Now, without comparing myself to pro (or for that matter, college) athletes, I got it. I'm still addicted to the competition. Whether it was winning flag football titles in college, winning spades card games or winning fantasy football championships, there's nothing like winning not one, not two...
To paraphrase Bugs Bunny...It's a hobby.
No comments:
Post a Comment