This blog post has special meaning to me. By the time you finish
reading this, you may have been my 10,000th page view for my blog.
In today's digital world of page views and "hits" 10,000 is not that big of a number. Especially since my first blog entry was July 2nd, 2010. This was just a way to release my inner journalist. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed doing this, even when I was a reporter and editor in college. I guess I did want to be a sports reporter when I grew up.
While I talked mainly about the big sports, I try very hard not to be redundant about the issues I talked about...unless I felt real strong about it. I also try to educate my audience. One of my favorite pulls was finding out that Charles Follis was the first professional football of color. I had never even heard of the guy until I stumbled onto him researching a different topic for my blog. To paraphrase Redd Foxx, '... I like stuff like that."
To be honest, I never thought my blog would go this far. While it is the internet, I just figured to be one voice of many. Then I started getting comments, not just from my crew but also from people I never met. In different parts of the country as well as the world. I just hope that Google is not fibbing.
In either case, none of this would be possible without you. I appreciate you and will always continue to thank you for your support.
Regular readers of my blog know that I am undefeated in my Super Bowl picks since I have started my blog. The BreezyG mo train has picked such teams as the Giants, who won three road games before knocking off the undefeated Pats that year. This year's pick is the Carolina Panthers. Even though they have been at home while making this run, it still has been an incredible run on both sides of the ball. They will really test that adage that says "Defense wins championships."
In today's digital world of page views and "hits" 10,000 is not that big of a number. Especially since my first blog entry was July 2nd, 2010. This was just a way to release my inner journalist. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed doing this, even when I was a reporter and editor in college. I guess I did want to be a sports reporter when I grew up.
While I talked mainly about the big sports, I try very hard not to be redundant about the issues I talked about...unless I felt real strong about it. I also try to educate my audience. One of my favorite pulls was finding out that Charles Follis was the first professional football of color. I had never even heard of the guy until I stumbled onto him researching a different topic for my blog. To paraphrase Redd Foxx, '... I like stuff like that."
To be honest, I never thought my blog would go this far. While it is the internet, I just figured to be one voice of many. Then I started getting comments, not just from my crew but also from people I never met. In different parts of the country as well as the world. I just hope that Google is not fibbing.
In either case, none of this would be possible without you. I appreciate you and will always continue to thank you for your support.
Regular readers of my blog know that I am undefeated in my Super Bowl picks since I have started my blog. The BreezyG mo train has picked such teams as the Giants, who won three road games before knocking off the undefeated Pats that year. This year's pick is the Carolina Panthers. Even though they have been at home while making this run, it still has been an incredible run on both sides of the ball. They will really test that adage that says "Defense wins championships."
Congrats on this milestone G. I think you will remain undefeated this year with your Super Bowl picks, yet still hoping it's not a blowout and we'll see how well the underdogs and their defense perform. I eagerly await seeing the direction Manning's second act will take.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Breezy. You know me and the bros love the blog. Keep on keeping on my brother.
ReplyDelete