Saturday, May 6, 2017

Beef

Am I the only one pumped up around here?

I always get "siced" (DC urban term for excited) up for the matchups between the local teams. Whether it's the Washington football franchise vs. the Ravens or the Orioles versus my Nats, I always get up for the local matchups. 

Full disclosure: In regards to football, while I am still 53% for the Washington football franchise, I am a full fledged member of Raven Nation. Reading of my past blogs as well as personal testimony from my boyz will support my claim. Like most relationships, it's complicated. Still, I can't wait for the Ravens/Washington Super Bowl.

As for the Nats versus the Birds, that's a whole different ballgame (see what I did there?). With the exception of the Ravens, I am all in with my local teams. While I won't wear the elaborate costumes of some fans, I'm just as much a fan when it comes to passion.

The two teams have their annual four game matchup this week. Since the beginning of this matchup in 2006, the Birds have won 31 of 53 games. They have won seven out of the last ten matchups. While we have the strong starting group with pitchers that include Steven Strasburg and last year's Cy Young winner Max Scherzer, the Orioles have the leagues top late inning guys in All-Stars Brad Brach and Zach Britton. Britton is currently undergoing a MRI with forearm discomfort. Might not be available for the series.

Cry me a river.

Maybe I'm hyped like this so I can have bragging rights over my boyz. Even though it's been a while, I'm still loving having a team to call my own that have no political issues to deal with such as the team name. In either case, I'm looking for a sweep.

A guy can dream can't he?

No comments:

Post a Comment