Sunday, December 17, 2017

Obsession?

Regular readers of my blog know that I am a avid fantasy football fan and player. I have been doing this for more than twenty years, attempting to predict which players will have the better performances week in and week out. This includes running my own league that has existed now for 22 years.

In the past, I have always said it was just a hobby. It's one of few things in my life that I kinda let what little hair I have down and become totally immersed.

But recently, I believe that my hobby has taken a turn. While I have done casual research in the past, I have stepped it up more that a notch. The fantasy shows that I didn't watch live I recorded to watch later...sometimes very late at night. Of course I watch the three hour show on Sunday mornings leading up to kickoff. Every Sunday. If I'm not on the Web, I'm listening to shows on Sirrus radio.

In other words, I think I'm caught up like a one night love affair.

What doesn't help with my concern is that it seems to be working. In the four leagues that I was in this past year, I have made the playoffs in two and have a chance to defend my championship in another. So my process works...right?

Am I really caught up? Should I just walk away? It's a lot to think about.

As soon as the season is over. Man got to have his priorities.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Greg - I know what you mean! I've been playing fantasy football since 1996, when as a rookie GM, I drafted Steve Young as the #1 overall pick. It was the year that concussions forced him to miss 4 games. Luckily I had Brunell as a backup, and he threw for over 4300 yards!
    I look forward to fantasy football every year. I usually do fantasy basketball too, but I just moved to Delaware (they don't televise Redskins, unfortunately), so I was too busy.
    I gave up on fantasy baseball - that REALLY requires commitment!!!
    I'd always miss out on the guy coming out of the minor leagues to hit 25 home runs!
    But, I know what you mean - OBSESSION!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breezy,




    Like a school of fool fish playing hooky from school and liking it......Parliament




    You couldn't help it if you wanted to....M Jackson




    Who knows what tomorrow will bring, so Ima gwoinna do my thang.......Delus




    So what........Miles




    Oh sorry, I'm flipping my Sirius radio stations and reading the your Blog,

    What was the question.....

    With a K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never tried it, never will! Have given hints as to what players are decent in all sports but can’t do fantasy! I like to root for a team to win or lose and playing fantasy You root for teams you normally would hate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not exactly Carl. You root for the player. I got LeVeon Bell on one of my teams. He gave me some good points and I am glad the Steelers lost. I never root for teams I don't like. You'd be surprised the stats you can get from players even when their teams lose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bro,

    We KNEW !! The good news is that we are your friends and we knew what you are just coming to grips with but we knew 5-10 yrs ago or more. (your obsession) We also realize that you could be obsessed with something way worse!!! So brotha obsess on, just wish you was on Ozzie staff!!! You are probably the most intense fantasy player I know....besides my friend that is in a Tattoo league(loser get a tattoo)... he is intense..LOL

    ReplyDelete