Whew! Another fantasy football season in the books. While this doesn't mean much to many of you, it does mean that it's back to the blog. Just in time for the NFL playoffs. As for my season, I just repeat my old adage: You never get tired of winning championships. For comments regarding my blog or anything sports related, you can also send me a tweet at @breezysportpage.
Here are my picks for this weekend's games. As always, this is for entertainment purposes only so please, no wagering. By the way, don't look for extensive analysis regarding my selections. I'll tell you my pick and why.
Saturday's games: Colts at Chiefs - In the kick off game, you have the "rookie" phenom in Patrick Mahomes against the hottest quarterback in the playoffs in Andrew Luck. The Colts, after starting the season 1-5, have won nine out of their last ten. The Chiefs have been the front runners all season with a 12-4 record. They have done this in spite of losing their top running back Kareem Hunt to conduct.
While I will not use the D(estiny) word regarding the Colts, I will use the F word: focused. I don't care that Kansas City is the favorite, at home and seem to have to have all of the weapons. This is a Colt team that has a quiet confidence about themselves. If they can keep Luck upright, it's a wrap. BreezyG's pick: Colts.
Dallas at Los Angeles - The Cowboys travel to the West Coast to take on the Rams, who are hosting their second straight playoff game after a 14 year hiatus. The Rams are another high flying team with a lot of weapons at all positions. Even have one of the "new jack" coaches in Sean McVay. As for the Cowboys, they have been riding two of the ingredients generally needed for a championship run: defense and a strong running game.
First, full disclosure. While I am a strong member of Raven Nation, my DNA is from the NFC East. Having said that, I just think that the Cowboys are going to make this a ugly "no shades" kind of game. Twenty five (or more) Zeke carries plus a punch in the mouth from the Cowboy defense will be the difference. BreezyG's pick: Cowboys.
Tomorrow: Sunday's games
you are on the money - Denise
ReplyDeleteGAJ,
ReplyDeleteWell I hate to disagree with you....any knucklehead can pick the hot teams. My NFC east pedigree wont allow/refuses to allow a cowboy pick.
So I got the Rams
I like the young kid in KC he has just enough to get over the "neck beard king" Andrew Luck...
Im feeling a home cooking type saturday........not so much on sunday
LAC over the cheaters in NE
toss up for Philly- NO
...w a K.