Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Z

Because of the NBA one and done rule, it is hard for me to really get into men's college basketball like I really want to. I just wait for them to get to the next level to get my proper serving. But then you get rare guys like Zion Williamson. A player who plays for the love of the game. But it's not just for the love of the game that I like. This cat can also ball.

He really made the point to me after he blew out his shoe in a game against North Carolina, spraining his knee. Most guys, who are projected to go top three in the draft, would not pick up a ball again until they signed that pro contract. The thought seemed not to even cross Zion's mind. He said he wanted to finish the season with his teammates.

While I know that my boyz will not feel me on this, I'm picking Duke to win. Not because they possibly have three of the top five picks in this year's draft, but because they got Zion. Aside from Mike (Jordan) and Magic, there aren't that many guys that I feel can carry a team single handed, pro or college. But like I said, Zion is special. So, with a caveat, if he stays healthy, it's Duke's title to lose.

As for the rest of the tournament:

West: Going with Gonzaga. Not because they are the best team, but they got the pedigree as in experience. It still will be a rumble with Florida State, Michigan and my sleeper Buffalo having something to say.

Midwest: North Carolina. I'm sorry, but I like these guys every year. They're solid and show up every year like they supposed to. Kentucky also always comes together this time of year as well. Keep an eye on Houston and (why not?) Kansas.

South: Virginia. I was hard pressed to put Purdue there, but they have a recent history upset thing themselves. I don't think Tennessee is quite ready and there is just not much there in that bracket.

Duke will beat one of my favorite tourney teams, Michigan State in the East. Yes, the Spartans will beat the Terps. I also realize that this puts all three ACC teams (as well as all #1 seeds) in the Final Four.

Like I always say, this is for entertainment purposes only so please no wagering.

No comments:

Post a Comment