It happens every July. With the end of June comes the end of both the basketball and hockey seasons. While they were both entertaining, they are both over. Now while I enjoy baseball as much as the next sports guy, I could use a break.
Who am I kidding? I'm waiting for football season to begin. Heck, I'm waiting for camp to begin. There is still a lull (and sports jones) that still needs to be addressed.
You would think I would enjoy this respite from the 24/7 sports world. But I still have nervous energy to drain off. In fact, I still have the NBA free agency period to process. I got it so bad that I am looking for excuses to open up my fantasy football office this week, but I can't really justify it without admitting to my near fanatical desire to watch major athletic competition.
While I was going to say that it's a man thing with me, I pause. As of February of 2017, 45% of the NFL fan base is female. The NBA female fan base is 38%.
So it's not just me.
I'm going to try hard this year. While I make no promises, I'm going to give my best shot.
Besides, I still got baseball.
No comments:
Post a Comment