In my existence
on this planet, I have always tried to improve myself in whatever endeavor I
choose to participate in. It’s that competition thing in me. Now I’m not uber
competitive to the point of obsession, but I appreciate and enjoy competing.
This is why I
enjoyed sports so much. In my previous life as an athlete, I wasn’t the best
player on my team, but I tried to be the hardest worker on my team. And that always
seemed to translate to more playing time and opportunities to make plays. For
me, the formula was Learning + Effort = Success.
This was the reason
that I’ve always been into sports. That’s why I’m still into sports hard to
this day…or am I?
During the
recent sports drought, I had to find other things to pass the time. Sure, I had
my Law and Order library, but I sought more. Netflix. Hulu. Prime. Heck I even
got back into…reading books. I don’t even want to tell you the number of
magazines I have subscribed to these past few months. When sports slowly came
back to the TV, I thought I heard the tone “Hallelujah” through the speakers.
But then, a
funny thing happened. I didn’t run to the TV like I thought I would. Sporting
events were just another option. I realized that I missed the live baseball
crowds that could motivate a home team to a victory. Pumping in crowd noise
just didn’t do it for me. And as for those stand-up poster board “fans”? Are
you kidding me? I almost forgot the NBA restarted their season last night.
I ended up not watching
that much.
So, I wonder.
Do I have to just gradually get back into it or did I find out that there is
more to life just sports?
To be determined.
No comments:
Post a Comment