Sunday, June 1, 2025

Now

I couldn’t wait.

Usually, as the Commissioner of two (now three) fantasy football leagues, I generally don’t open my league offices until the start of training camp.

Not this year.

This blog signifies the opening of my 30th year of my fantasy football experience. And in case you’re wondering, things have not changed in terms of my passion for the game.

While my overall passion has not waned, I don’t consider myself your typical junkie. I am as intense as Kobe watching tape when I get started, usually from July to December. But at the end of the season, I totally shut it down. I don’t listen to podcasts, read magazines, or watch YouTube shows. I just stop cold turkey.

This year, however, is different. Maybe it’s because I was appointed the Commissioner of one of the leagues that I have been in for more than ten years and it has a special place in my heart. Maybe it’s the competitive nature in myself that I have always had. Maybe I just didn’t want to wait, period.

Whatever the reason, I’m in…earlier than usual. I’m not trying to figure out the who or why. I’m just ready like Kano.

1 comment:

  1. love your style Chief. keep em coming. Neicey

    ReplyDelete