Saturday, September 11, 2010

NFC Predictions

Now it's time for my favorite conference, the NFC.


Starting out in the West, There may be a new sheriff in town and his name is Mike Singletary. The 49ers are poised to make a run for the West title. The offense is the key, led by DC native Vernon Davis, who has come all the way back from being sent to Singletary's doghouse last year to being named team captain for this year. The Cardinals could also make some noise this year, but they have some serious issues ranging from QB to RB (Beanie Wells might not make the opening day lineup due to injuries).

The NFC South is the home of the Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints. I do feel, even before their opening day win over the Vikes Thursday night, that they could make a trip back to the conference finals. Yep. Everybody is back, healthy and with a year of playoff experience under their belt. It's just the party that keeps on partying. Both the Falcons and Panthers will have something to say, but the Saints will have just too much firepower to be beaten.

Moving up North, my pick is the Green Bay Packers. They are developing a offensive juggernaught of their own, led by QB Aaron Rodgers, my personal pick for fantasy player of the year. He is on three of my fantasy teams this season. I can't really define what kind of offensive attack they have, but they just get it done. Competing with them are the Vikings, who are coming off of a Brett Farve led run last year. It will take him again, especially with all the injuries they have, for them to get back. The team I can't get out of my mind is the Detroit Lions. I feel that they will great improve from their two win season of last year.

Now for my favorite division in my favorite conference, the NFC East. Aside from being a Skins fan. I don't think that the Cowboys will win the division this year. They are getting pressure from all sides, meaning Jerry Jones, to play the Super Bowl in their own stadium. The Eagles hopes ride mainly on Kevin Kolb, who let probable HOF QB DNabb go to the Skins. I personally think it is a big deal when you trade a guy to a team in your division. Which leads my to my Skins, who I think will improve from their 4-12 record and, wait for it, make the playoffs. That's just my glass being half full again. They are more stable both at QB and coaching. As I said in a earlier blog, the Shanny/Hanny relationship is not going to work and it's time to move on. Sometimes it's better to know when to say goodbye, even in non-romantic relationships.

2 comments:

  1. KG:
    Let's see for 2010
    Saints
    Packers
    49ers
    Giants
    Cowboys
    Seahawks (surprise)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ:

    Saints
    Packers
    Vikes
    Cowboys
    Giants
    SAN Fran

    ReplyDelete