Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I was...wait a minute

How ya doin sports fans? As the 80's dance cut goes, let's start the dance.


I'm one of those guys who doesn't have a problem admitting that he was wrong. So when I saw the sports flash that said that Skins QB Donovan McNabb had signed an five year extension worth $78 million dollars, I was ready to admit that I was wrong. After the way that he was disrespected two weeks ago, no way he comes back to DC. But, wait a minute there's more to the story.

Aside from the do-la-la-ars (respect to my boy Wally Gator) he got, there is more. According to ESPN, there is language in the contract that includes an opt-out clause by the team that can release him if he is not basically playing to their satisfaction after this year. Sound familiar? So while he DID get a ten million dollar payment off the top, the remainder (40 million of the contract is guaranteed) is still in the Skins pocket.

So while we have DNabb thru this year, there still is no guarantee that he will be here next year. This seems to be a public relations hustle by the Skins to calm the fan base regarding Shanny's debacle two weeks ago. It would have worked better if our varsity team had shown up last night.

LaRon Landry got a reminder that this is the professional level of football. Give props to Desean Jackson, who bounced back from a serious concussion earlier in the year to shut Landry up on the Eagles first play from scrimmage, burning him on a 88 yard bomb. Landry had mentioned (to put it lightly) the concussion in the pre-game, nearly causing a pre-game scrum. But at the end of the night, the Skins got a full taste of the Michael Vick experience. You already know.

3 comments:

  1. The money that McNabb was just given was to keep him from blasting the Shanahans and Snyder. The same with every other player that got paid coming threw the Skins revolving door. He'll be somewhere else next year.

    It's something about Snyder that once you cross the threshold of Skins park you turn into a looser.......even Gibbs had to get outta there before his contract was up. Steve Spurrier who by the way avereage 20 pts, more than any other coach since, called in his resignation from the golf course.

    I gave up my tickets two years ago when they hired Zorn. If a new coach, preferebly Black, comes in here I'll go back. Perrry Fewell - Giants, Leslie Frazier- Vikes

    Fire Jim Haslett!. a top ten Dee is now last- and the dumb switch to a 3-4. The middle linebacker and the two safety were so deep last I had to move them over on my living room sofa.......

    Go Tampa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Breezy,

    Since you didn't mention it,

    Prince Albert Haynesworth, aka Buttersworth, said he misses the Titans, wants to be back there and they want him back. Did you see him laying on the ground during the 7 sec Vick scramble doing the worm..? A fat lazzy worm but a worm no less.....

    According to, Jason Whitlock , Shanahan has lost the team over the McNabb benching, the cutting of Devin Thomas and the handling of Haynesworth. He won't call out his Son the Off Coordinator or Jim Haslett the Dee Coordinator. Maybe so, we'll see this week. It is the Snyder culture of being a looser that has taken over team Shanny...

    And people wonder why I turn down tickets to the game....I knew Snyder was a fake when he bought the team and didn't immediately fire Norv Turner....yea I'm salty still from 10 years ago

    Alright on to this week Thursday night Football!

    with a K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. Love your blog, very entertaining and informative!

    ReplyDelete