The sports page is flipping the script today, but before that a correction. I reported that Skins QB Donovan McNabb was to receive a ten million signing bonus when he signed his 78 million contract earlier in the week. Instead, the QB is to receive a 3.5 million payout this year with the remaining bonus money to be paid out if he is on the roster next season. Just want to get it right.
Today's blog is about the National Hockey League. Even if you don't keep up with the league, you can relate with they are going to do regarding their all-star game this year. The league is designating two "superstars", Washington Capitals left winger Alex Ovechkin and Pittsburgh Penguin center Sidney Crosby, to basically select the players for this year's game. They just take turns picking their teams.
The NHL has always been willing to try something different for it's league. They were on the brink of bankruptcy a few years back, but have become relevant again. I appreciate the willingness to try something different, but it's missing one major component: the fans. Now, I'm a closet hockey fan. My love for the game goes all the way back to high school when I hip checked a guy into the seats while playing intramural floor hockey and IT WAS LEGAL. If I knew how to skate, I would have been one of those enforcer types in the league. Sorry, I got caught up like Funkadelic's Alice in my Fantasies. I digress. To say the least, I would defiantly 'rock the red' at Capitals home games. The fans are a league's bloodline and they should be involved in the process to select the league's best. While hockey is a very barbaric (but enjoyable) game, any other way to select the All-Stars would be uncivilized.
Today's Friday's Freeze jukebox is a bit eclectic: Run DMC and who else Funkadelic (only for the very funky):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1pkTzawexg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_DSZZsnrfI&feature=related
Have a great weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment