Today I am speaking to Raven Nation. They lost a very tough contest last night, 13-10 to the Pittsburgh Steelers, to lose their grip on first place in the AFC North. As a member of the Raven bandwagon (with the Skins bounced out the playoff picture by the Giants), I have to ask this question: Can the Ravens win the Super Bowl with Joe Flacco as your QB?
Stat wise he was decent (17/33, 266 yds, 1 TD), but as I said in Friday's blog, he could not tremble. Reading some of my texts, Ravens fans thought differently. I got texts that said that he reminded one of my boys of Phil Simms. Others agreed while one of my boys said that he plainly choked. Now let me be clear: Even though Chris Collingsworth said that the Polamalu blitz that caused the fumble was his fault, I'm not even concentrating on that. I'm talking about his overall demeanor. While the Steeler defence could upset most quarterback's demeanor, I was not feelin Flacco's confidence. He can not run the offence so matter-of-factly and expect to win. The last straw was bouncing that 4th down pass at the end of the game to seal it for the Steelers.
So I ask again Raven Nation: Can you win the Super Bowl with Joe Flacco as your starting QB?
Hey Ravens fans remember two weeks ago when I called Flacco a bum, you Brothers told me that he was ok and that he wasn't a liability, most of you said "he a least won't lose us a game". Well you had Flacco on iso last night with a basic flat pass to a wide open receiver and he gave you the best example of a bounce pass (DAMN). Flacco reminds me of Phyllis Sims (I mean Phil Sims) the only reason the Ravens player's don't beat his ass is because Ray-Ray is protecting him. I like the Ravens but Flacco is a BUM !!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat loss is not on Flacco at all, but Cam Cameron. 2nd and 5 with 3 minutes left, why throw at all. You run the ball twice and punt it deep and let defense do what they do. Should have gone to more 4 wide sets earlier.
ReplyDeleteBREEZY, I LIVE AND BREATHE FOOTBALL WHAT I'VE NOTICED ABOUT FLACCO AND THE WHOLE OFFENSIVE SITUATION IS: THEY CODDLE HIM TOO MUCH. NEWS REPORTS SAYS THE OFF. COORD. DOES NOT GIVE HIM THE ABILITY TO AUDIBLE, NOT ONLY THAT CAM CAMERON IS ONE OF THOSE VINDICTIVE COACHES IT'S MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY AS FAR AS CALLING PLAYS. WE HAVE A QB THAT CAN'T HANDLE PRESSURE. A HEAD COACH THAT WASTE TIME OUTS ON MEASUREMENTS NOT CONSULTING WITH HIS COORDINATORS IF YOU NOTICE HEAD COACHES CONSULT WITH THEIR OC OR DC BEFORE MAKING CRUCIAL DECISIONS HARBAUGH DOES NOT. HE ESPECIALLY GIVES HIS OFF. COORD TO MUCH REIGN IN THE DECISION MAKING. THREE AND OUT, THREE AND OUT, YOU PUT YOU DEFENSE IN BAD FIELD POSITION AND THAT RESULTS IN BAD DECISIONS. YOU HAVE TOO MUCH TALENT ON THE OFFENSE TO BE NOT SCORING. DON'T GET ME WRONG I'M A RAVENS FAN BUT U HAVE TO PUT YOUR PLAYERS IN POSITION TO WIN AND THAT'S NOT BEING DONE RIGHT NOW. THE COACHING STAFF HAS TO BE ACCOUNTABLE.
ReplyDeleteI feel you Carl. You win as a team and lose as a team. Flacco made his mistakes but you can't lay the loss just on him. How about some better blocking from the o-line? Like Carl was
ReplyDeletesaying can we get some better play calling from Cam Cameron? This dude plays not to lose. You have to keep attacking a defense like Pittsburgh and score more points. If you build more of a lead throughout the game then Polamalu's play doesn't beat because you're too far ahead. The Ravens let teams hang around to often by not attacking more agressively and possessing the ball longer on offense.
They have dodged the bullet several times this season but they got hit right between the eyes last night.
Couldn't agree more.. Cam has cost us several games this year & last year. And with all them weapons we can't score more than 10 points.. Time for a new OC...
ReplyDeleteRemember that Cam had both Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers as quarterbacks....and it wasn't until he left both systems that they became better QBs. Apparently he is hand cuffing Joe as well. But on the other hand, Joe has to recognize (at the line) that all plays called don't have to be run......audible Dammit!!!
ReplyDelete