Thursday, June 30, 2011

Status

To paraphrase Elton John, the blog is back!!


I enter day number 40 of my personal odyssey that is my recovery from quad repair surgery with mixed emotions. I have just completed a month of formal rehab work at a great clinic in the area. Two-a- day high school football practices have nothing on two-a-days of both occupational and physical therapy seven days a week. Every time I would start to feel sorry for myself or to gripe and moan about my condition, I would look over at a ninety something grandmother getting it done recovering from hip replacement surgery. It took me down a notch real quick. It also spoke to me the incredible power of the human spirit.

At this time I have to give a personal shout to my physical therapist, who has also been my punisher, psychologist as well as my cheerleader. While I still have a long way to go, I cannot deny the progress that I know I have made. I’m afraid that she has a friend for life for her efforts.

It was also a case of everyone being in the same boat (sort of speak) that brought down barriers of color. I have established relationships with people that on the face you would not think that we traveled in the same circles at all. We all just want to get better.

The next step in the process moves to home care. I now undergo continual home physical therapy that will evolve to outpatient work at the facility of my choice. While I don’t have the mixed emotions of the group Funkadelic, at the end of the day I just want a chance of normalcy.

I also have to mention that Saturday is the one year anniversary of my blog. I just have one thing to say about that: Wow!! Thanks to all who have read my blog to date and hope that you continue enjoying the BreezyG experience.

Enjoy the Friday Freeze jukebox and your holiday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is5xMd1nT5o&feature=mh_lolz&list=FLHStSLkDL0H0

11 comments:

  1. Wow 40 days? I knew it had been a while but not that long. You know we're all in your corner so keep pressing on my brother. I'll check you out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st & 4most son-son i know u feel like less than urself rite now, but datz only temporary. U'll b bac pullin down dat line crushin unsuspectin d-linemen, backers,& dbs. Like u sa\y brah "itz not sprint, itz a marathon" Eazy Breeeezzzahay. God's got u & u'll b rite & tight in no time. I gotta give u 2 Thumbs 4 da "Friday Freeze" itz it brah. Hey "talkin heads house in motion should b da intro 2 ur sportshow/ blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greggie...I mean Breezy G,congrats on your one year anniversary and for each new step toward a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chief....I am sooooo happy for you..you stay strong..keep writing and keep me posted..smooches..Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on all your growth, progress and anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's up Gregjeezy! I wish you a speedy recovery brother. I am still on the ight shift but once you get better, it's time for a hook. How has life been treating you? I don't get out much myself nowadays. Who do you have for Klitscko vs Haye on Saturday? Mayweather is finally coming back but he better stay away from Pac or it's sleepytime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Proud of you big fella. I missed reading you since the injury. Congrats on 1 yr. Stay focused my brother...this a marathon not a sprint...now where have i heard that. LOL The Race Is Not Over...see U @ The Finish Line Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Greg,

    Read your latest blog entry and I'm flattered by your compliments, thank you. Keep me posted on your progress with home PT and OP. Have. Great holiday and keep moving forward and up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary of the Blog, it's been truly enjoyable. We've all had our words checked, confirmed, questioned and misunderstood...... and loving it.

    Keep up the hard work....... "tightening up on your backstroke" , your 44" vertical will be back before you know it.....

    KPJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep on trucking Greg! You have it in you buddy. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Greg,

    Glad to hear you are making progress on your recovery! Keep up the good work!
    Looking forward to fantasy football this fall. Hope this season starts on time.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete