Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The 4th

On this Independence Day I slept late, watched my Nationals win and bounced between a Star Trek TNG marathon, the History Channel series "The Presidents" and "America, the Story of Us". Add a nice sit down dinner at one of my favorite diners and that was it.

And that's exactly the point.

It's days like this that remind me of the decent place in the world that we live in. I know, I know, there is racism, civil rights issues and various disagreements about various things. But doggone if it is still is one of the best places in the world to live. It truly could be worse. In some places, I would be jailed for writing this blog. In some places, I wouldn't even have a blog.

Since Crispus Attucks took the first bullet at the Boston Massacre to us taking our freedom from the Brits, we as Americans have always valued our way of life.

Part of the reason for this are our troops. Their sacrifice can never be measured in real enough terms. As having two brothers who served, I always have appreciated the sacrifice our troops have done for us so we can do the things that we do.

Now, if you will excuse me, I will now watch my Law & Order - Criminal Intent marathon. Because I can.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya Breezy! This country is far from perfect but I can't think of any other place I would rather live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it’s not perfect here, but it’s still the best place to live..

    ReplyDelete