Monday, October 22, 2012

Serenity

Usually I'm watching football games with my boyz on Sunday. Recently, these have been with Ravens fans. I generally get a liitle love from those that have the Ticket, so I still get my Skins fix as well.

Yesterday was a different story altogether for me. As the song goes, there was no Chris style yesterday. I stayed at home watching every play of the Skins division opener against the New York football Giants, who also happen to be the defending Super Bowl champions. I wanted to see every play and also see how my main man, rookie RG3, would do in the rough and rugged NFC East.

I told you early on that I was all-in on Robert Griffin. I felt that he was the real deal coming out of the gate and that we might actually have something at the quarterback position to build on. Yesterday, in his division opener, he did not disappoint.

He threw for 258 yards and ran for another 89 yards. I'm not going to say he made plays like Mike Vick, but rather he made plays like RG3. This included an incredible 4th down conversion from our side of the field late in the game in which he evades the entire Giant defensive line and throws a strike to Grant Paulsen for a first down. He then ran for 24 yards on the next play and two plays later threw a 30 yard TD pass to Santana Moss to give the Skins the lead with a little over 90 seconds to play.

However, the Giants have two-time Super Bowl winner Eli Manning and, as Stephen A. Smith would say, quite frankly that's all you need. On their first offensive play, he throws a perfect 77 yard pass to Victor Cruz to win the game for the Giants. It's here where I will admit that I like his TD salsa dance.

I know what you're thinking: What does all this have to do with serenity? Well for starters, this was the one of the more poorly played games played by the Skins offence. They gave up three sacks and committed four turnovers in the second half alone. Before yesterday's game, the Skins had committed five turnovers all season.

But guess what ? We still had a chance to win. Last year, this game would have been a blowout. Like BreezyG says, we now got RG3 and quite frankly, we are now not out of any game.

No comments:

Post a Comment