Today's blog has nothing to to do with sports.
A week ago yesterday, I was at my day job when my co-worker noticed that I didn't look too well. Not in terms of attractiveness, but in terms of healthfulness. I admit that I haven't been my best lately, but then, who is? I just shrugged it off to fatigue (hadn't been sleeping either) and went to bed earlier than usual to catch up.
I wake up Friday to a flat tire. Terrific. After using the morning to address that, I was just not in the best of the customer service state of mind mentally.While I was planning to spend my day in quiet solitude, it was then that this thought entered my mind: "I should be with family today." While I'm as family as the next guy, I had never thought of it just like that.
After having lunch with my brother, I just spent the day at his house with him, his wife and one my nieces, who is a registered nurse. While hanging out, I was talkin about how I was not feeling my best lately. After describing some of the things that was going with me, my niece insisted that I get checked out. Even my brother's wife, who is all about personal decisions, got in my face like a head coach to a player and STRONGLY suggested that I should get checked out.
I guess this blog did have something to do with sports...kinda of.
It's here that I have to say that I'm not the type of dude that has a problem going to the doctor. I have periodic checkups and I'm a good patient. If I felt that something was really wrong, I would have went to the hospital.
When I got to the hospital, I was told that I had a temperature of more than 102 degrees. I didn't even know I had a temperature. Next thing I know, I'm being held overnight for observation and by Tuesday I had surgery to have an infectious abscess removed. While I'm not 100%, I'm feeling much better and hope to continue.
Things happen for a reason. I do not believe in coincidences. Sometimes it's good to get a different point of view. Espacally when that point of view is on another plain.
GAJ,
ReplyDeleteThat is a good example of following the signs that you body was trying to tell you. Starting with feeling out of sorts to having others notice the same. Now I have to admit that I slouched on my annual check up in July and now it's November. I'll be making my appointment also....definetly before 2013
Everybody needs to do the same! verify that you're AOK
...with a K
I'm sooooo glad that you are doing better!!!
ReplyDeleteG,
ReplyDeleteIt's a good thing you did not ignore the signs that something was not with your health and the flat tire had purpose in all of this.
Good deal... That Kiesha Cool-Train & Gwennie the Weenie saved the day.
ReplyDeleteBrother Jackson,
ReplyDeleteThank God you listened to your symptoms and sought out family & medical attention. I always say that you are your best Doctor. You know your body better then anyone.
Keep the faith & stay BLESSED!
The creator speaks to us in a myriad of ways...do we hear...do we listen...do we comprehend...do we respond appropriately?
ReplyDeleteThanks for that vivid example.
Hope you will be better than you were before!