Thursday, January 30, 2014

My Pick, Part 4

It's time for BreezyG's prediction as to who will win this year's Super Bowl. It's become a big deal for me because I am undefeated in my sports blog career (3-0).

This year, I have to admit that I am conflicted about my pick this year. On the one hand, you have the Broncos who scored more than 600 points this past season enroute to the highest point total in league history. Denver is led by future Hall-of-Famer Payton Manning, who is playing in his third title game. They are also the first team to have four WR's catch 10 touchdowns each.

Let me get this off my chest; regardless of how this game turns out, Payton, for my money, is and will be in my top five QB's in league history. One game will not make the difference for me.

On the other side of the ball, you got the Seattle Seahawks, who gave up the fewest points, fewest yards passing, forced the most turnovers and had the best overall defense in the league, period. While they have one beast in RB Marshawn Lynch, the also have a pair of beasts in CB's Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor who are both 6-foot-3.

Regular readers of my blog know I don't do too much scientific homework, watch a lot of tape or listen to all of the pundits for their take. I mainly go by the eye test.

Being old school, on paper I go by the adage, "defense wins championships". But if there is anyone that can shatter that theory, it's Manning. I also got beef with the Hawks as a fan of the Washington franchise; in both of our recent playoff appearances, we lost both games to Seattle, including last year. While I am a Peyton fan and a Seattle detester, I am holding my nose and picking the Seahawks to win their first league championship.

Who you got?

14 comments:

  1. Seahawks...Sherman and the boys...defense

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wuz-up Fellas? I'm wit da pacific nw crew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going with the best defense in the league and the best-looking QB.
    Hey, I'm a woman, I'm allowed!


    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ,good thing u don't horse racing

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bad Sistas & Brothers , I answered da head line b4 reading ur body of work. Lets get rite 2 it. Now Easy B ,the 1st playoff loss the seahawks escapes me ,ah ,but the 2nd loss was the beginning of what the past season unraveled to partner ,the organization made blunders like dat up on 295-N , so can't b to mad with the victory as much or at all ,now the hierarchy I'd been as B-Mitch was after that gm , parallel another incident 295-N tribe ,Pats came to town & that's exactly what they did to us @ home (Sonya much luv ,but 4get u) ,we I know @ Roost #29 we b4 the 2nd qtr. we were playing like str8 garbage didn't blame da the patties sorry sonya couldn't resist. Now with that being said much luv & peace brah. And ur still going wit da broncos , god luck to bro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breezy,

    I think you will be 4-0 at the end of the game. Why? Seattle has the it factor going this season -- defense, defense, defense, Percy Harvin, and Russell Wilson. I am not saying this because there is a player on the team name Percy.

    Percy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seattle by a razor thin margin. Wouldn't be surprised if it came down to a field goal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seattle by a comfortable margin. Defense will hold Denver down, pressure in Peyton's face (he'll be chucking and ducking) Beast Mode will be in full effect. Russell Wilson does his usual 15-16 for 25-28, 200 yards couple of TDs......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the ending line "I'm holding my nose and picking the Hawks" Well put, well put! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Defense wins Championships!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Broncos by 7 - Seattle D is great, by Peyton has too many weapons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Defense usually win championships but I think Denver is going to take this one. Go Broncos!

    ReplyDelete