Sunday, July 26, 2020

Home


It was in a USA Today May 9th, 2013 article. Dan Snyder, majority owner of the Washington football franchise, made it very clear regarding changing the name: “"We'll never change the name," he said. "It's that simple. NEVER — you can use caps."

One thing I have learned in my life journey – never say never.

Now that the name thing is out of the way, I’m sort of coming home. Not that I deserted my team, but I could never fully embrace them the way I used to from my childhood days. Before I knew that the term was encyclopedically racist. I know how hurtful and offensive words could be.

Now don’t get me wrong. I won’t be turning in my Raven membership card at Club 29. But even my B-More boyz know (and they make sure I don’t forget) who my #1 team is.

Having said that, I can come back to my roots. It doesn’t matter that we have only two playoff appearances in the past 20 years. After resolving the other current issues, we will able to concentrate on winning football games.

I can even possibly buy a hat.  

3 comments:

  1. Don’t you Team DC folks get you’re hopes up too high..The rebuilding starts top down. Guys like Snyder have the resources for a long fight. Let it go. You’re safe riding the Wing’s of The Ravens.

    ReplyDelete