The wacky, wacky world that is the NFL Playoffs. Three of the four road teams won this past weekend. While I did pick the Saints, I am not surprised that the Seahawks won (at home). Their home crowd is one of the best in the league and if you watched the game, you heard why. As for the Colts, unlike what I said, they actually did need more then Payton Manning. It didn't help that Reggie Wayne got lost on Revis Island (1 catch for 1 yard). Like the old school rap song, regarding the Jets: love them, hate them, but you can't ignore them. The Raven bandwagon continues to roll on to Pittsburgh, for part three of their yearly brawl. This game will not be for the faint of heart. The Michael Vick experience ended with a thud and interception in Philly. My picks for this weekend will be in Friday's Sports page. Like I said, if I bet red.....
Per a request from my readers, a aside regarding Brett Farve. He wanted me to talk about how different it would have been regarding his current alleged "sexing" charges, if it had been say Vince Young. I hate to say it, but my reader is probably right on so many different levels. Some would say that Farve got special treatment because of probable Hall of Fame status. Others would say it would be because of the popularity he helped bring to the league these past 20 years. Still others would say it would be because of his skin color. While this is so irrelevant now because he has retired (I think for good this time), the underlining issues are not. I take out a large block of wood to knock on to say that it is not on a color level (yet) with players of color.
On a personal note, my girlfriend threw a surprise birthday party this past weekend. Now that I think about it, I had never had a party thrown for me, surprise or otherwise, in my life. My friends came from as far as North Carolina and Virginia Beach to help me celebrate. Friends that I haven't seen ,in some cases, in more than 25 years helped me to celebrate. It was one of the most memorable and enjoyable times that I have EVER had. It is with incredible humility (and virtual tears) that I acknowledge your love and friendship and appreciate you allowing me to be a part of your life. Thank you.
Same back at ya!!! But it was the color of the skin!!LOL
ReplyDeleteI have to lean toward Thomas...is there anything that does not have the issue of color to it, just a little....
ReplyDeleteBeing Brett helped him. Let some one else refuse to cooperate fully and the suspension would have hit hard.
Brett has had a couple of issues over the years that he got a pass on.....remember?
But really, could any one of us, I mean -any one of "you people" , have text your Johnson to another employee and get away with it....
LOL - I can't get the camera back far enough to take the full shot my arms are not long enough.....badoom ting (rimshot)
...with a K