How ya doin sports fans. Today's blog is to get me on the record regarding my pick for this weekends NFL playoff games. Remember, please no wagering. Especially from my picks. If I bet red, you better bet black.
The first game has the defending Super Bowl champs, the New Orleans Saints, against the Seattle Seahawks, the winner of the "play-in" game against the Rams this past week. Off the top, I would give the edge to the Saints because of their firepower and QB Drew Brees. I give pause because of Seattle's 12th man. The Seahawks have one of the best home crowds in the league and was a main reason that they beat the Rams this past week. Now that I have paused, my pick to advance is the Saints.
The Saturday night game is a real funky matchup as the New York Jets travel to Indiana to play the very vulnerable Indianapolis Colts. This is not the same Colt team that has dominated their division the past few years. These teams faced each other last year in the AFC Conference Championship game that was won by the Colts 30-17. The Colts overcame a 17-6 halftime deficit to score 24 second half points, with Payton Manning (18 - 9 in playoff games for career) throwing for 377 yards and three touchdowns. It's hard to bet against the Jets, a team that has dealt with all kinds of distractions this year ranging from sexual harassment to cheating. In spite of all this, they still managed to win eleven games. I believe that this playoff season will be the season of the quarterback. Best way to put it is how sports guy Steven A. Smith said about Tom Brady a couple of years ago:" The Colts have Payton Manning. And quite frankly, that's all they need."
The one o'clock game on Sunday has the Kansas City Chiefs hosting the 12 win Baltimore Ravens. I could tell you how Ray-Ray and his crew are going to shut down the running game and beat up QB Matt Cassel enough to earn the win. While that will probably be the case, I'm picking the Ravens cause I'm riding on the Raven bandwagon and i'm rollin with them.
The last game of the weekend will probably be the highest scoring game, with the Green Bay Packers traveling to Philadelphia to play the Eagles. Both teams have considerable firepower, especially their aerial attacks. On one side you have QB Aaron Rodgers, who should have made the Pro Bowl and on the other side you have the Michael Vick experience. While the Eagles would still have a chance if Kevin Kolb was the starter, Vick gives the Eagles that extra turbo for their offensive engine. Basically, Vick led me to my first fantasy football championship in seven years; so like Hancock said "You fellers sure you want to ride this train?" Yep.
Kind of an easy weekend unless you want to pick an upset.
ReplyDeleteColts over Jets- Peyton over Sanchez - who had stats worst than D McNabb; Plus the Colts are getting players back. Jets give up 200 pass yds per game but colts ave 288. Colts 27 pts per. Plus Bone head coach Ryan said it's personal since you know he's putting on pads
Badimor over KC -too much Defense and intimidation KC rushes 162 per game Baltimore gives up only 93 both ave 22 pts. 3rd year for Flaccoo. Weis, OC for KC is overrated
Phi and GB were mediocre at home this year. I think the Vick factor is too high for GB; Chicago put the clamps on GB in a somewhat meaningless game. Wash beat GB by being physical with the GB offense, which is the same knock on Philly . Slight edge to Vick and Philly
Upset special NO at Seattle- I know no way but lets just have fun. NO running game is suspect, Seattle is a long trip, banged up Colston, Pierre Thomas and Shockey. Drew 22 picks, of course it will rain. Okay Seattle beat no one this year....Saints
Just watch GB ...that's what I am saying
ReplyDeleteGuud Read
ReplyDelete