Friday, July 29, 2011

Can he...?

Down the beltway is my favorite AFC team, the Baltimore Ravens. My reason for my love for the Ravens ranges from my many Baltimore friendships (both old & new) to their continued excellence, year to year, on the football field. They are always in the Super Bowl conversation.


Part of the reason for their recent success has been the play of their quarterback, Joe Flacco. He was the first rookie QB in league history to win his first two playoff games, and also has four road playoff wins, a league record. He also holds the league record for most wins (combined regular and postseason) in his first three years with 36. His career stats are comparable to NFL starters, which show improvement in stats that range from TD’s (14 to 25) to completion percentage in his three year career.

The reason for today’s blog was Flacco responding to his critics in a recent Baltimore Sun interview. He basically said that he is a good quarterback and that “…I feel pretty good about myself no matter what you say. I would like some more people than myself to think good about me, but they never do, they never do." I personally like that that swag.

Using my untrained “fan” eye, I think Flacco is a competent NFL starting quarterback. He can make all the throws and doesn’t seem to be rattled (too) easily. While that may be enough for me, my favorite AFC team, the question I simply have for Raven Nation is a question that has been asked since he was drafted. Can the Ravens win a Super Bowl with Joe Flacco as their starting QB?

Have a good weekend. Today's Friday Freeze Jukebox wishes a soulful R.I.P. to Amy Winehouse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n0jxiUPjbg





2 comments:

  1. Yes he can as long as he has a receiving core that doesn't drop big play passes (TJ) and the defense stays fast.....after that it's about the home field...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as he can pick up a blitz and not throw bounce passes in the big game

    ReplyDelete