Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What's he gonna do?

How ya doin sports fans. I hope you enjoyed your holiday and helped to celebrate the independence of our great country. Special shout out to my former FEMA brethren, who probably worked during the holiday helping disaster victims.


LBJ. For my generation, those initials stand for one of our presidents. For this generation, they stand for the second (some say 3rd --that's for another blog) best player in the league, Lebron James. I always have to preface this by saying that while I am not a Lakers fan, the best player in the league is still on the West Coast.

But I digress. He is making his big free agent decision on Thursday with an hour long special on ESPN. Are you kidding me? So I won't sound like I'm totally hating (which I'm not) I appreciate his game on the floor. He had an MVP year (29.7 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 8.6 apg) but fizzled (can you say that averaging 26, 9 and 8?) in the playoffs.


I guess my point is that this is a lot to do for a guy who has been to the championship finals once. I personally think this is more about him wanting to see how it would have been if he were recruited for college. The other point is while MOST pro athletes have large egos, others go to the next level (see TO -- I love me some me) He could just give a little press conference and make his intentions known, take a few questions and leave, but...nah. I heard that he is making a donation from this show to the Boys & Girls club (one of my favorite charities). That would help to alleviate my feelings about this upcoming show.
 
By the way, I actually don't have a problem with him having this show (especially if the charity part is true.). If you got it, flaunt it. It just would be nice to have a championship to go with the hype.
 
Song of the day:
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1pkTzawexg&playnext_from=TL&videos=SXYRmS1iDKc

No comments:

Post a Comment