As Dave Chapelle would say, ..."it's a celebration!!!" Today is my 100th blog entry. Since July of last year, I have tried to give my POV regarding the current sporting events of the day, as well as kicking a little knowledge to both you and me. I have gotten great fulfillment from my corner on the information superhighway. As always, I gotta give major thanks to you for your support and perspective on all things that are sports. With that being said, I'm using today's entry to touch base on a couple of things in the sports world:
- NBA Playoffs: The postseason continues to stay funky as teams refuse to go quietly into the offseason. The Sixers simply said not in our house as the Heat continues to show an inability to close out close games. The stat that caught my eye was that the Heat is 1-19 in games of three points or less in the last two minutes. I'll say it again: until they give the ball to King Wade (and Prince James is OK with it) down the stretch, Miami will continue to have problems. James needs to concentrate on these playoffs and worry about the "global icon" thing in the off-season. As far as the Hawks-Magic series, I need to stay with my first mind as far as my upset specials go. I just started on my bowl of crow regarding the Celtics. Speaking of swagger, it's been a coming out party for Chris Paul against the Lakers. His 27-point, 15-assist, 13-rebound performance in game four was the best individual performance in recent playoff history. And talked more than a little smack to Kobe after a vicious crossover for a layup. Will be interesting to see how the Black Mamba responds in game 5.
- Rockin the Red: My hockey team, the Washington Capitals, actually has some time to rest after they dispatched of the New York Rangers in five games. They have advanced in a playoff series (in less than seven games) for the first time since 1998. They have done it with (what else?) defense, including incredible goaltending by Michal Neuvirth, who has a 1.38 goals against average (which leads all playoff goalies) and has allowed only one goal or fewer in three of the five games. For a DC sports playoff starved fan, it's hard not to get excited. So I won't -- LET'S GO CAPS!!!
- More home cookin: Since we talkin both home sports and b-ball, I was going to make my pitch for why John Wall should be Rookie of the Year...until I saw the stats. While JWall had a solid year (16.4ppg, 8.3apg - 7th in the league), Griffin was 12th in the league with a 22.5 ppg average and fourth in rebounding, grabbing 12 a game. He also led rookies in most ESPN highlights as well as having the better commercials. Doin the Dougie wasn't enough.
I would like to again thank you for your support. In my closest attempt to self-promotion, send my blog link to a friend. I'm tryin to become a global icon too.
Well Greg, all I can say is Thank Yooooou! I think we as your blog consumers have been treated to a fine product on a regular basis. We get a well thought out, informative and well written piece of journalism. Looking forward to the next 100!
ReplyDeleteKG
Pop!! here's to the next 100..
ReplyDelete